zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Dipti Mulay <di...@4skylabs.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper C Client and using TLS/SSL
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2020 03:38:58 GMT
Hello All,
My bad… , I figured it out. The parameter *cert is a comma separated list of paths that
is to be passed. Should have the following order:

  *   CA File Name, with complete PATH
  *   Certificate File Name (PEM), with complete PATH
  *   Private Key File Name, with complete PATH
  *   Optional: Password to key store

Apologies for the trouble.

Thanks
-Dipti

From: Dipti Mulay <dipti@4skylabs.com>
Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2020 at 4:55 AM
To: "user@zookeeper.apache.org" <user@zookeeper.apache.org>
Subject: Zookeeper C Client and using TLS/SSL

Hello All,

I am working with the Zookeeper C client for my application and need a TLS connection to Zookeeper
server.

As I look at zookeeper_init_ssl(), the second parameter it takes is the client certificate.
Initially, I thought I just had to pass the path to my pem file. But that does not seem to
be the case. Looking at code it requires the file a "," separated buffer. I am sorry if this
question is naive : but is there a guideline on how to convert a PEM file to this format.
Do I need to use some OPENSSL concepts like BIO to do this correctly?

Thanks for your help
-Dipti