zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Szalay-Bekő Máté <szalay.beko.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WARN [NIOWorkerThread-2:NIOServerCnxn@373] - Close of session 0x0
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2020 08:07:18 GMT
there should be some process / script that is sending malformed packages to
the ZooKeeper client port.

The first 4 bytes sent by the client is interpreted as the length of the
message (or as a 4 letter word command), but ZooKeeper is unable to parse
this. (most probably it is not a real ZooKeeper message, unless the client
really wants to send ~370MB in a single message) Sometimes what happens is
that some security scanners are periodically checking the ZooKeeper client
port. Or maybe some misconfigured client is trying to connect using TLS/SSL
to an unsecure ZooKeeper port, that doesn't expect an SSL handshake?

Best Regards,
Mate