zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From <Manoj.Agraw...@cognizant.com>
Subject Re: OK to use 3.6.1 (or 3.5.8) client against a 3.4.6 server?
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2020 20:30:42 GMT
It should work either way but I would suggest to upgrade zookeeper server version 1st .

On 8/28/20, 1:29 PM, "John Lindwall" <jlindwall@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

    [External]

    We are considering upgrading our zookeeper servers from 3.4.6 to either 3.5.8 or 3.6.1.
 I wonder if will work if we proactively upgrade our client versions from 3.4.6 to the new,
more current version (3.5.8 or 3.6.1) and run that newer client code against the older 3.4.6
servers?  Later when we update the servers, then the client version and the server versions
will match.
    Obviously we will not make use of any new API methods added to zookeeper since 3.4.6;
in fact we will simply be recompiling our existing client code against the new libs (which
works as I just tested it).
    Thanks!
    -- John

and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or
any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications
sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.