zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Szalay-Bekő Máté <szalay.beko.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compilation fails on centos 7
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2020 08:28:38 GMT
Hi Kannan,

We are building / testing / running ZooKeeper in production using CentOS
7.5 among other linux versions, so 7.5 should definitely work.
Although I am not sure about CentOS 7.

Do you actually need to run the tests?
If not, then you can use the following command to skip the test executions:
mvn clean install -DskipTests

or if you also need the native libraries:
mvn clean install -DskipTests -Pfull-build

Also, if you think the tests are flaky in your case, you can ask maven to
try them more times:
mvn -Dsurefire.rerunFailingTestsCount=3 test -fae

I use to build ZooKeeper many times in docker on my macbook pro, using an
official CentOS 7.5 image. These are my steps:
```
docker run --volume ~/git:/git -it --rm  centos:7.5.1804 /bin/bash

# then inside docker I install all the dependencies I need (also everything
for the native C library builds and the zkpython build)
yum -y install autoconf automake mc git maven java cppunit
python-setuptools screen libtool python-devel cppunit-devel gcc-c++ telnet
openssl openssl-devel

# if you also need SASL for the C client (only available on the master
branch)
yum -y install cyrus-sasl-md5 cyrus-sasl-gssapi cyrus-sasl-devel

cd /git/zookeeper

# this gives you a clean state, if you use git (not needed if you just
downloaded the source tarball)
git clean -xdf

# full build incl. native C code, skipping the tests
mvn clean install -Pfull-build -DskipTests
```