zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Ibrahim El-sanosi (PGR)" <i.s.el-san...@newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Write Ahead Log
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2018 13:27:44 GMT
Hi,

You can read page 8 in [1] and section VII. EVALUATION in [2]. I hope these will be helpful.

[1] Hunt, Patrick, et al. "ZooKeeper: Wait-free Coordination for Internet-scale Systems."
USENIX annual technical conference. Vol. 8. 2010.
[2] Junqueira, Flavio P., Benjamin C. Reed, and Marco Serafini. "Zab: High-performance broadcast
for primary-backup systems." Dependable Systems & Networks (DSN), 2011 IEEE/IFIP 41st
International Conference on. IEEE, 2011.

Ibrahim

-----Original Message-----
From: tj5527 [mailto:tj5527@protonmail.com]
Sent: 08 January 2018 13:14
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Write Ahead Log

I heard that ZooKeeper uses Write Ahead Log for preserving operation information, and am interested
in how it's implemented. But when checking ZooKeeper confluence wiki and searching the internet,
I don't find much related documents. Only a few source files such as FileTxnLog.java that
seems to be related with some lines written directly about write ahead log string.

https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/blob/5c4e44332e55bbf21ca59583f3e8ca97fc4bb266/src/java/main/org/apache/zookeeper/server/persistence/FileTxnLog.java

Is this the right place to start? What other resources available out there as reference?

Thanks