zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Zookeeper session expiration
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 20:05:31 GMT
On 12/4/2017 12:51 PM, Anthony Shaya wrote:
> Thanks Shawn, should I message the developer mailing list for a more definitive answer?

The ZK dev list is for discussion around the development of ZK itself,
NOT for development of software that uses ZK.  For the latter kind of
development, you want THIS list.

If you're talking about the dev list for whatever software is using the
ZK client, then that would be the right place to go.

Although a bug in ZK is always possible, I don't think it's very likely
for the session timeouts you are seeing.  Even if it does turn out to be
a bug in ZK, this list would still be the correct place to discuss it,
and further action would then be taken as an issue in Jira.

For most usages, there will be at least three ZK servers, and each
client will know about all of them.  If there are no problems on the
client side, then the client would only lose connectivity to one of the
servers and would be able to communicate with the others.  If there ARE
problems on the client side, then it would probably lose connection with
all the servers at nearly the same time.

Thanks,
Shawn