zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Zookeeper with SSL release date
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 23:14:17 GMT
To recap what the goal was when we started the conversation, we were thinking of a way to move
the 3.5 branch from alpha to stable faster. One suggested option was to make it possible to
disable reconfiguration due to the security concerns, which is one key reason for having the
3.5 branch in alpha. We need to ask ourselves whether having a switch in any form would help
us achieve our goal. If not, then having it is a moot point.

Assuming we have something to gain from such a switch, it does feel like a better option to
separate concerns and not couple enabling reconfig to acls.

-Flavio