zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper dependencies
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 22:35:03 GMT
Happy to help!

> On 20 Nov 2015, at 19:51, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the info. What's the best way to distinguish between
> dependencies needed for core and contrib?

I'd say you just list the dependencies in the ivy.xml file under the project root.

> I'm not really an ant/ivy developer, and just trying to help out with
> this package created by another Fedora maintainer. I'm much more
> familiar with maven builds.
>
> It does look like we're including some of the contrib stuff in this
> package. I'm not sure why. We probably shouldn't be, unless we put
> them in separate RPMs (subpackages). I'll look into separating them a
> bit in the future. As for license, it looks like BSD was included
> because of the hashtable bits which are compiled into the shared
> library? SLF4J isn't packaged in this, it's just a dependency, so its
> license is specified in its own RPM.

Here is what you'll find at the bottom of the LICENSE file:

This distribution bundles jline 0.9.94, which is available under the
2-clause BSD License. For details, see a copy of the license in
lib/jline-0.9.94.LICENSE.txt

This distribution bundles SLF4J 1.6.1, which is available under the MIT
License. For details, see a copy of the license in
lib/slf4j-1.6.1.LICENSE.txt

This distribution bundles a modified version of 'JZLib' as part of
Netty-3.7.0, which is available under the 3-clause BSD licence. For
details, see a copy of the licence in META-INF/license/LICENSE-jzlib.txt
as part of the Netty jar in lib/netty-3.7.0.Final.jar.

We ship slf4j in our artifact, that's why we list its license, perhaps you don't need it as
you say.

> --
> Christopher L Tubbs II
> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi Christopher,
>>
>> I had a look and couldn't see any major problem. You seem to be including dependencies
for both core and contrib. Just keep in mind that contrib contains projects that aren't active
and consequently might not build or run properly. You may also want to MIT to the list of
licenses. slf4j is under that license.