zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Kashtan <djkash...@gmail.com>
Subject How to catch NodeExistsException
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 21:47:34 GMT
I have this code using Curator:

try
{
   client.create().forPath(path);
}
catch (KeeperException.NodeExistsException ex)
{
   LOG.debug("caught NodeExistsException");
}

The trouble is that it is never caught and zookeeper pollutes my production
logs with what are probably harmless exceptions. I assume that my code
executes just fine but later on the ZooKeeper server throws the exception
as it does work in the background. Is there a way to gracefully catch those
exceptions so they don't pile up in my production logs?

I have tried in the past to fix my code so these exceptions are never
thrown, but I have not found much in the documentation or on google on how
to deal with these exceptions. Is it a known problem? I would love to solve
these issues too if possible.

--
-Daniel