zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Yan Guo <yan....@ticketfly.com>
Subject Copy/Migrate old zookeeper znode/data to new zookeeper
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 19:15:38 GMT
Hi Keepers:

We have an old zookeeper 3-cluster quorum, with some permanent routing info
stored in znodes/data. Now we are setting up another brand new 3-cluster
quorum on a different data center, and we want to migrate the routing info
to it. What's the best reliable way to do this?

Will simply copy the transaction log do? Or better with snapshot? Or if
there are some tools to extract data from old znodes and replay creation
onto the new ones?

Asked on SO too
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31861659/copy-migrate-old-zookeeper-znode-data-to-new-zookeeper

Thanks!