zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running Zookeeper in a servlet and not as a standalone process
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 17:26:58 GMT
Don't servlets get instantiated and destroyed at the whims of the
container, and usually in response to a client request? That doesn't
seem to be a very suitable arrangement for a zookeeper server's
lifecycle management, to me.

It sounds to me like you are trying to repurpose a web container for
cluster management. I think there might be better container solutions
for that purpose, though. Have you considered something like Docker,
Mesos, or YARN?

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii