zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From jlindwall <jlindw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Inconsistent data across 3.4.6 ensemble
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 01:24:42 GMT
We somehow are seeing inconsistent data across our 3-node prod ensemble.
Never saw anything like it in dev or qa. We are running on Solaris.

The dataDirs for the nodes were recently involved in a situation in which
the nfs disk they live on was dismounted and remounted, while zk was
running. Not sure if it is related.

Regardless, this seems like it should never happen with zookeeper.

Any ideas for correcting the situation?  I have 2 ideas, please critique:

1. Bring down follower 1, delete it's logDataDir and dataDir contents,
restart; do same with follower 2
2. Bring down the whole thing; delete all logDataDir and dataDir contents;
restart

I'd prefer not to do option #2, but I will if I must.

Thanks,
John