zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh R <rake...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Missing MBeans in JMX
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2014 06:23:27 GMT
Hi,

This bean will be available only after completion of the leader election phase.
It could be either Leader or Follower bean, that depends on the ZK server's final state.

Yes, LeaderElection bean shows the quorum is not yet stable and is in the phase of formation.

show all the usual ZK MBeans?

Yes, during LE phase other beans are not available.
The possible reason I could see is, bean name itself representing the state of the entity.

If think it is meaningless if we expose all these beans together during LE, isn't it ?

-Rakesh

In the ZK node where I don't see the normal ZK MBeans I see this:

org.apache.ZooKeeperService:name0=ReplicatedServer_id1,
name1=replica.1,name2=*LeaderElection*

In another ZK node where I DO see ZK MBeans I see something different:

org.apache.ZooKeeperService:name0=ReplicatedServer_id2,name1=replica.2,name2=
*Leader*

The presence of *LeaderElection* seems to be about:

Represents a ZooKeeper cluster *leader election which is in progress*.
Provides information about the election, such as when it started

Is it possible that while *leader election* is happening ZK doesn't show all the usual ZK
MBeans?

Thanks,
Otis
--
Monitoring * Alerting * Anomaly Detection * Centralized Log Management Solr & Elasticsearch
Support * http://sematext.com/