zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ibrahim <i.s.el-san...@newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Observer write behavior with partition
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 16:49:43 GMT
Yes Jordan, in the leader class, there is collection type called ConcurrentMap aim to store
the write request details. If you want to look at it, it is named outstandingProposals in
Leader class.

Cheers,

Ibrahim

From: Jordan Zimmerman-3 [via zookeeper-user] [mailto:ml-node+s578899n7580372h56@n2.nabble.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2014 09:42 ص
To: Ibrahim El-sanosi (PGR)
Subject: Re: Observer write behavior with partition

I’m wondering a) where are the writes queued (I assume it’s on the leader) and b) if the
writes make it to the leader and there’s quorum in the voting members the writes will succeed
even if the Observer partitions immediately after sending the 3rd write.

-JZ

On October 2, 2014 at 11:39:10 AM, Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés ([hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=7580372&i=0>)
wrote:

On 2 October 2014 09:34, Ibrahim <[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=7580372&i=1>>
wrote:

> * A client connected to an Observer sends, say, 3 consecutive writes
> * The Observer then loses connection to the leader (network partition)

Presumably, the Observer has forwarded (some of) the writes to the Leader
before the partition? Are you seeing a particular type of failure or just
wondering if writes coming from an Observer are discarded once that
Observer goes into oblivion?

-rgs

http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/Observer-write-behavior-with-partition-tp7580368p7580372.html
NAML<http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>