zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <fpjunque...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Getting errors in zookeeper logs
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2014 13:59:12 GMT
I believe you have shared just the client-side errors, and I was wondering what's going on
with the servers. One problem I could spot with the configuration is with the values of dataDir
and dataLogDir. It looks like the processes on the same node are writing to the same directory,
which should be confusing the servers.

A couple of things about your setting. I'm not sure what your motivation is to put multiple
servers on the same node. It will induce correlated crashes for the servers on the same node.
Also, we in general recommend to use an odd number of servers (5 or 7 for your case).

-Flavio