zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Arindam Mukherjee <arindam.muker...@gmail.com>
Subject Staggered start of nodes in an ensemble
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2013 16:19:04 GMT
Of late I have been bombarding this list with questions and am getting
a little frustrated at my lack of understanding of ZooKeeper. I am up
against deadlines that look infeasible now. :(

Anyway, having majorly failed to get going with 3.5.0 (you might see a
question earlier today), I decided, for the purposes of a PoC to
create a static 3.4.6 configuration. Say, create max 3 VMs, of which 2
are always up. Initially 1 and 2 would be up. I would be listing 3
servers in the config - server.1 through server.3.

I brought up the servers on 1 and 2 in that order using "zkServer.sh
start-foreground". However they failed to connect and form a quorum
and the foreground server process showed an increasing timeout. Then I
brought up 3 at which point 2 and 3 were able to connect.

Next I started zkCli.sh from 1 - it failed to connect to any box.
However the ones on 2 and 3 connected neatly. I am at a little loss to
explain this. Need help.

Thanks.
Arindam