zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Chris Brinley <Chris.Brin...@morningstar.com>
Subject Re: Starting a distributed env of ZK
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 12:56:05 GMT
Short answer: start them all. Use the shell script.

Longer answer: If I understand the question I think your asking whether
the "master" handles startup of the other nodes or needs to be started
first. No to both cases. Master is elected in distributed system. All
servers are independent from an operations point of view. Netflix has
Exhibitor which is a zookeeper manager and might be what your after.
Apologies if I've misunderstood and your after something else.
https://github.com/Netflix/exhibitor/wiki