zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From JL <julio.lo...@lycos.com>
Subject Re: Forcing DISCONNECTED event?
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:41:15 GMT
On Mar 15, 2012, JL <julio.lopez@lycos.com> wrote:

Thanks Patrick.

> This is the c client? (In java I know we have a zk subclass that provides this.)

This is Java.  Could you point me to the ZK subclass that provides this functionality?  I
may or may not be able to use it without tearing things apart too much as I am using ZK through
Curator.

> Perhaps an easier way would be to simulate Server failure -  e.g. start a quroum of 3
servers, Have your client connect, then shutdown the server that the client connected to.
The client will be disconnected and reconnect to one of the remaining 2 servers.

The 3-server quorom approach seems like the way to go for us, as we can easily set up a ZK
cluster for testing (thanks again to curator-test).  I'll give that a try.

Thanks for the quick response,

-Julio