zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Identify ephemeral node owner
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 00:16:28 GMT
This sort of thing is exactly the rationale for extensible schemas such as
you get from JSON, Avro or protobufs.

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Travis Crawford
<traviscrawford@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > The simplest (though probably least acceptable in most cases) solution is
> > put the process host and pid into the ephemeral file in some form.
> >

> To close the loop... I ended up doing exactly this. The app already

Thanks for the pointers, y'all! Not a general solution but works well
> in this case.

Another way to look at this is to say that the solution is incredibly
general (you can have your bytes, your way).