zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Christian Ziech <christian.zi...@nokia.com>
Subject CREATOR_ALL_ACL together with IPAuthenticationProvider
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 12:29:21 GMT
We were trying to use the predefined ACL "Ids.CREATOR_ALL_ACL" together
with the default ip authentication. Unfortunately it seems that this
cannot work due to the implementation of the
PrepRequestProcessor.fixupACL() method checking the return value of the
AuthenticationProvider.isAuthenticated() (the IPAuthenticationProvider
in our case) method. Unfortunately this provider always returns false
which results in the Ids.CREATOR_ALL_ACL to be always rejected.

We have a working work around in our testcode which is to create our own
ACL instance that uses the local static ip of the system as part of the
Id. This seems to work well for us (others can read the data but not
change it). However it would be great if someone could shed some light
on whether the above mentioned behavior is intended (in that case the
documentation for the Ids.CREATOR_ALL_ACL constant should state that) or
if it is a bug.

BR
   Christian

--
*NOKIA*
*Christian Ziech*

Nokia gate5 GmbH, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Amtsgericht
Charlottenburg: HRB 106443 B, Steuernr.: 37/222/20817, ID/VAT-Nr.: DE
812 845 193, Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori