zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ride Shoot Speak <ride.shoot.sp...@googlemail.com>
Subject Why my session does not expire in this situation?
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 14:38:47 GMT
Hi,

I tried to provoke an expired session by connecting a simple C client to a
standalone ZooKeeper. I stopped the ZooKeeper and then just waited some time
(longer than the session timeout). The client switched from CONNECTED to
CONNECTING and stayed there. So far so good. Then I started the ZooKeeper
again. The client changed to CONNECTED again. Well, I expected it to get an
EXPIRED_SESSION because the time it was disconnected was definitely longer
than the session timeout value. Am I wrong here?

regards
Jan