zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Nick Patania <Nicholas.Pata...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Re: tickTime and sessionTimeout
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:41:05 GMT
This is the portion that seems relevant.  For readability, I replaced
the host and session for the host that I kill with HOST_0 and
SESSION_0 (I expect these to timeout).  The client that should be
healthy is HOST_1 and SESSION_1.

2011-02-11 14:18:51,901 - DEBUG
[SyncThread:0:FinalRequestProcessor@78] - Processing request::
sessionid:SESSION_0 type:ping cxid:0xfffffffffffffffe
zxid:0xfffffffffffffffe txntype:unknown reqpath:n/a
2011-02-11 14:18:51,901 - DEBUG
[SyncThread:0:FinalRequestProcessor@160] - sessionid:SESSION_0
type:ping cxid:0xfffffffffffffffe zxid:0xfffffffffffffffe
txntype:unknown reqpath:n/a
2011-02-11 14:18:52,005 - DEBUG
[SyncThread:0:FinalRequestProcessor@78] - Processing request::
sessionid:SESSION_1 type:ping cxid:0xfffffffffffffffe
[SyncThread:0:FinalRequestProcessor@160] - sessionid:SESSION_1
type:ping cxid:0xfffffffffffffffe zxid:0xfffffffffffffffe
txntype:unknown reqpath:n/a
2011-02-11 14:18:52,339 - DEBUG
[SyncThread:0:FinalRequestProcessor@78] - Processing request::
sessionid:SESSION_1 type:ping cxid:0xfffffffffffffffe
zxid:0xfffffffffffffffe txntype:unknown reqpath:n/a
2011-02-11 14:18:52,339 - DEBUG
[SyncThread:0:FinalRequestProcessor@160] - sessionid:SESSION_1
type:ping cxid:0xfffffffffffffffe zxid:0xfffffffffffffffe
txntype:unknown reqpath:n/a
2011-02-11 14:18:52,672 - DEBUG
[SyncThread:0:FinalRequestProcessor@78] - Processing request::
sessionid:SESSION_1 type:ping cxid:0xfffffffffffffffe
zxid:0xfffffffffffffffe txntype:unknown reqpath:n/a
2011-02-11 14:18:52,672 - DEBUG
[SyncThread:0:FinalRequestProcessor@160] - sessionid:SESSION_1
type:ping cxid:0xfffffffffffffffe zxid:0xfffffffffffffffe
txntype:unknown reqpath:n/a
2011-02-11 14:18:53,002 - INFO  [SessionTracker:ZooKeeperServer@314] -
Expiring session SESSION_0, timeout of 1000ms exceeded
2011-02-11 14:18:53,002 - INFO
[ProcessThread:-1:PrepRequestProcessor@387] - Processed session
termination for sessionid: SESSION_0
2011-02-11 14:18:53,010 - DEBUG
[SyncThread:0:FinalRequestProcessor@78] - Processing request::
sessionid:SESSION_0 type:closeSession cxid:0x0 zxid:0x103 txntype:-11
reqpath:n/a
2011-02-11 14:18:53,010 - INFO  [SyncThread:0:NIOServerCnxn@1435] -
Closed socket connection for client /HOST_0:34618 which had sessionid
SESSION_0
2011-02-11 14:18:54,502 - INFO  [SessionTracker:ZooKeeperServer@314] -
Expiring session SESSION_1, timeout of 1000ms exceeded
2011-02-11 14:18:54,502 - INFO
[ProcessThread:-1:PrepRequestProcessor@387] - Processed session
termination for sessionid: SESSION_1
2011-02-11 14:18:55,011 - DEBUG
[SyncThread:0:FinalRequestProcessor@78] - Processing request::
sessionid:SESSION_1 type:ping cxid:0xfffffffffffffffe
zxid:0xfffffffffffffffe txntype:unknown reqpath:n/a
2011-02-11 14:18:55,011 - DEBUG
[SyncThread:0:FinalRequestProcessor@160] - sessionid:SESSION_1
type:ping cxid:0xfffffffffffffffe zxid:0xfffffffffffffffe
txntype:unknown reqpath:n/a
2011-02-11 14:18:55,011 - INFO
[NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:4799:NIOServerCnxn$Factory@251]
- Accepted socket connection from /HOST_1:40556
2011-02-11 14:18:55,019 - DEBUG
[SyncThread:0:FinalRequestProcessor@78] - Processing request::
sessionid:SESSION_1 type:closeSession cxid:0x0 zxid:0x104 txntype:-11
reqpath:n/a
2011-02-11 14:18:55,019 - DEBUG
[NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:4799:ZooKeeperServer@590] -
Dropping request: No session with sessionid SESSION_1 exists, probably
expired and removed
2011-02-11 14:18:55,019 - INFO  [SyncThread:0:NIOServerCnxn@1435] -
Closed socket connection for client /HOST_1:40555 which had sessionid
SESSION_1
2011-02-11 14:18:55,020 - DEBUG [SyncThread:0:NIOServerCnxn@1451] -
ignoring exception during output shutdown
java.net.SocketException: Transport endpoint is not connected
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdown(Native Method)
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdownOutput(SocketChannelImpl.java:651)
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownOutput(SocketAdaptor.java:368)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn.closeSock(NIOServerCnxn.java:1447)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn.close(NIOServerCnxn.java:1412)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn$Factory.closeSessionWithoutWakeup(NIOServerCnxn.java:343)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn$Factory.closeSession(NIOServerCnxn.java:330)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.FinalRequestProcessor.processRequest(FinalRequestProcessor.java:133)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.SyncRequestProcessor.flush(SyncRequestProcessor.java:161)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.SyncRequestProcessor.run(SyncRequestProcessor.java:98)
2011-02-11 14:18:55,021 - DEBUG [SyncThread:0:NIOServerCnxn@1459] -
ignoring exception during input shutdown
java.net.SocketException: Transport endpoint is not connected
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdown(Native Method)
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdownInput(SocketChannelImpl.java:640)
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownInput(SocketAdaptor.java:360)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn.closeSock(NIOServerCnxn.java:1455)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn.close(NIOServerCnxn.java:1412)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn$Factory.closeSessionWithoutWakeup(NIOServerCnxn.java:343)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn$Factory.closeSession(NIOServerCnxn.java:330)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.FinalRequestProcessor.processRequest(FinalRequestProcessor.java:133)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.SyncRequestProcessor.flush(SyncRequestProcessor.java:161)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.SyncRequestProcessor.run(SyncRequestProcessor.java:98)
2011-02-11 14:18:55,022 - WARN
[NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:4799:NIOServerCnxn$Factory@272]
- Ignoring unexpected runtime exception
java.nio.channels.CancelledKeyException
	at sun.nio.ch.SelectionKeyImpl.ensureValid(SelectionKeyImpl.java:55)
	at sun.nio.ch.SelectionKeyImpl.readyOps(SelectionKeyImpl.java:69)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn$Factory.run(NIOServerCnxn.java:241)
2011-02-11 14:18:55,023 - DEBUG
[NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:4799:NIOServerCnxn@735] -
Session establishment request from client /HOST_1:40556 client's
lastZxid is 0x0
2011-02-11 14:18:55,023 - INFO
[NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:4799:NIOServerCnxn@770] - Client
attempting to renew session SESSION_1 at /HOST_1:40556
2011-02-11 14:18:55,024 - INFO
[NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:4799:NIOServerCnxn@1573] -
Invalid session SESSION_1 for client /HOST_1:40556, probably expired
2011-02-11 14:18:55,025 - WARN
[NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:4799:NIOServerCnxn@634] -
EndOfStreamException: Unable to read additional data from client
sessionid SESSION_1, likely client has closed socket
2011-02-11 14:18:55,025 - INFO
[NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:4799:NIOServerCnxn@1435] -
Closed socket connection for client /HOST_1:40556 which had sessionid
SESSION_1