zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Thijs Terlouw <thijsterl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to handle ZOO_CONNECTING_STATE and ZOO_ASSOCIATING_STATE?
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 12:01:10 GMT
On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Ride Shoot Speak
<ride.shoot.speak@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi ZooKeepers,
>
> I'd like to get some information about the the states ZOO_CONNECTING_STATE
> and ZOO_ASSOCIATING_STATE and how to handle them appropriately. I can't seem
> to find any information about those states. Right now I simply drop the
> connection if my callback is called with these states.
>
> TIA
> Jan

Hi Jan,

I would normally refer you to the state diagram of the ZooKeeper
states, but it seems not to be working (
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/FAQ#A1 )

ZOO_CONNECTING_STATE : This is when you try to send a request to the
ZooKeeper server, when the client library is still actively connecting
to a server (Session establishment is asynchronous). Requests will be
queued. If the connection attempt fails, any requests fail with
CONNECTION_LOSS

ZOO_ASSOCIATING_STATE : I believe the handshake between the client and
the server is still in progress, also part of the connection process.

I only handle ZOO_EXPIRED_SESSION_STATE (need to explicitly make a new
zookeeper connection) and ZOO_CONNECTED_STATE (client library is ready
to be used) explicitly in my client code (I don't use authentication
so can ignore ZOO_AUTH_FAILED_STATE)

--
Thijs Terlouw,
Shenzhen, China