zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From YUNG-LIN HO <yung...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about sharing Zookeeper connections
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:24:36 GMT
Hi All,

My project uses few zookeeper libraries, each of them manages one(or more) zookeeper client
by itself.
 - my own code uses a zookeeper client in scala which supports connection pool.
 - cages, which is an easy-to-use distributed lock interface implemented in zookeeper. All
locks created by cage share the same connection.
 - camel-zookeeper, an opensource ESB-like program. Each component instance will create a
new connection to zookeeper server.

Because zookeeper clients will try to keep session alive by sending a ping request every 2
seconds. If libraries in an application do not share connections with each other, they would
flood the zookeeper server with unnecessary requests and drag down performance of the server.

I am wondering is there any connection manager exists in the Hadoop/Zookeeper project that
helps users to share connections?

best regards,
-yunglin