zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Koch <tho...@koch.ro>
Subject Re: write permission on ZooKeeper Wiki?
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2011 13:51:35 GMT
Flavio Junqueira:
> Hi Thomas, It is good for us as a community to have a long PoweredBy
> page, but my preference would be to let the developers of applications
> include themselves their applications. We know of a number of
> applications, but the developers might not necessarily want to have
> their projects on our wiki page for whatever reason.
>
> This message actually could be seen as a call for developers to add
> their projects to the page.
Hi Flavio,

for free software projects that publicitly state on their homepage and on
public talks with public slides that they use ZooKeeper, it may be safe to
assume that they're ok with being listed as ZooKeeper users.
It would of couse be fine, if every zk user would list themself in the wiki,
but that would require them to know that there is a poweredby page and to get
an account for the wiki and to actually care for the publicity of ZK.

That being said, I still don't know, whether the poweredby page is editable to
start with. Where is the edit button?

You could be a good role model and add S4[1] to the poweredby page. :-) It
does use ZK, doesn't it?

[1] http://s4.io

If you don't want that we list projects on the poweredby page, would you be so
kind and give me a short brain dump what other interesting and public users of
ZK you know?

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro