zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Mahadev Konar <maha...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: need for more conditional write support
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 19:58:45 GMT

Hi Qian,
   There have been discussions on multiple transaction in zookeeper:

 http://www.mail-archive.com/zookeeper-dev@hadoop.apache.org/msg08315.html

Which I think might help this case. There have been some discussions on this
lately but not much progress. You can start a discussion on the list to see
what folks feel about multiple transactions. I think if we are to support
something like what you mention it should be via multiple transactions
wherein a success would mean a success for all the transactions that are
part of a multiple transaction.

Thanks
mahadev