zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Chang Song <tru64...@me.com>
Subject Re: question about ZK robustness
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 13:09:30 GMT

Ted.

I have been inconsistency between different ensemble servers when we did
some torture testing.

I killed Java process with -9 on one ensemble server, and restarted it, and saw
that ephemeral nodes that disappeared from other two ensemble servers stuck in
newly restarted ensemble. No matter what I do, "create, sync, get", the ephemeral
nodes did not disappear.  I had to remove the log and force re-sync from scratch.

I had seen this behavior twice. Exactly the same behavior. I had about 2000 clients connected
ensemble servers. I had no time to file a bug report, but when I have time to do another
torture testing, I will definitely file a bug report.

This is not a data loss, but a serious, dead serious inconsistency as far as my application
goes.
Please let me know if you happened to know related bug.

Thank you.

Chang

Dec 1, 2010, 1:41 PM, Ted Dunning 작성: