zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Sam Tunnicliffe <...@beobal.com>
Subject Re: counter with zookeeper
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:25:42 GMT
Hi Claudio,

we have a very similar use case, and developed http://github.com/talis/h1 to
meet it. Initially, we coded up the simplest thing we thought could work and
deployed it, figuring that we'd have plenty of scope for improvement once we
saw it running with real load. However, to date its been ticking over so
well we've not really had cause to spend any further effort on it. HTTP
obviously adds an overhead, but to be honest, latency has not been a problem
for us and we typically see response times of a few ms. Contention over keys
is not particularly high in our application, so we've not had problems there
either.

Cheers,

Sam

Sam Tunnicliffe