zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about server reconfig
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 07:14:25 GMT
So if we change those assignments and restart all servers, we will have a
new leader election and all new sessions, right?

Obviously, we probably can't expect that a rolling restart would work in
this case because the new assignments may conflict with the old assignments
temporarily which would cause some havoc with session id's.  If the new id's
come from a completely different range, I would expect that this would work
reasonably well.