zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: metadata versus child znodes
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 01:20:31 GMT
Another thought to add to Mahadev's worthy comment is that your update
pattern might make the directory with children pattern better than the
single document pattern.  If you have lots of updates to different parts of
your data, then the directory approach can do better at avoiding colliding
updates.  If you need updates to be coordinated across multiple parts of the
data, then a single document is much better.