zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Qian Ye <yeqian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: need for more conditional write support
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 07:21:24 GMT
I have read the mails on
http://www.mail-archive.com/zookeeper-dev@hadoop.apache.org/msg08315.html,
and here is some further thinking about this issue.

The interface like

zoo_multi_test_and_set(List<int> versions, List<string> znodes,
List<byte[]> data)

can solve the problem I mentioned before, and some relavant issues, like
hard for programmers to use, as mentioned in mail-archive, should be paid
attention to. I think we can move small step first, that is, provide
interface like

zoo_multi_test_and_set(List<int> versions, List<string> znodes, byte[]
data, string znode)

The API test versions of several different znodes before set one znode, and
if the client want to set other znode, it can call this API repeatedly.
Because we only set one node by this API, the result will be straight,
success or failure. We need not take care of the half-success result.

How do ur guys think about this API?

Thanks~

--
With Regards!