zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From David Carmean <...@halibut.com>
Subject [newb] cross-WAN ZK use?
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2010 17:47:48 GMT
Greetings,

I've been reading about ZK (and Hedwig) off and on for a few days, and
I have a small application where ZK might be useful, but there is some
doubt.

My present app has very low performance requirements; I'm looking to
maintain no more than a couple of thousand tiny znodes as configuration
items and coordination bits for a monitoring application.  I'm experimenting
with cross-site failover capability for various tiers of this application.
One of the requirements, however, is to be robust against a complete outage
of any one datacenter (client has been burned by such an outage recently...)

Is it possible to turn some knobs that would relax the latency requirements
in the ensemble voting process in return for giving up performance?  I really
don't need more than a few tens of writes per second for this app.

Thanks.