zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "jdeinhard@ujam.com" <jdeinh...@ujam.com>
Subject ZooKeeper C bindings and cygwin?
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 10:57:11 GMT
Dear list readers,

we want to use the zookeeper C bindings with our applications. Some of them are running on
Linux (e.g. Load Balancer) and others (.NET(C#) Audio Servers) on Windows Server 2008.
We'd like to try using cygwin to accomplish this task on windows, but we need further advice
on how to do that.

What we did so far:

1) downloaded latest cygwin
2) ran ./configure
3) ran make
4) ran make install

Now we find some files (libzookeeper_mt.a, libzookeeper_mt.dll.a, libzookeeper_mt.la, libzookeeper_st.a,
libzookeeper_st.dll.a and libzookeeper_st.la) in our cygwin/usr/local/lib folder, but these
cannot be used in Visual Studio.
Is it somehow possible to produce a file that we can then use like a .dll or a .lib ?
What do we have to do to accomplish our task? Are we heading in a completely wrong direction?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

Best regards
Jan & Jan