zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding observers
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:42:20 GMT
If you have an efficient way to grab the disk state from an observer, this
will, indeed, make starting a new observer less expensive to the cluster.
 In practice, this isn't a big deal since the ZK snapshot is bounded by
memory size and transferring a few GB across the network isn't all that
painful as a one-time cost.