zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cleanup ZK takes 40-60 seconds
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2010 02:14:57 GMT
I can't comment on the cleanup time, but I can suggest that it is normally
not a very good idea to embed Zookeeper in your application.  If your
application really is distributed, then having ZK survive the demise of any
particular instance is a really nice thing.  If ZK goes away with your
application then you lose a lot of the power of having a reliable and
independent coordination service.

I have, as they say, been there and done that.  It was not a happy
experience.

You know what you are doing much more than I possibly could, so embedding ZK
might actually make sense.  I really don't think so, though.