zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Suggested way to simulate client session expiration in unit tests?
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 18:50:56 GMT
the difference between close and disconnect is that close will actually
try to tell the server to kill the session before disconnecting.

a paranoid lock implementation doesn't need to test it's session. it
should just monitor watch events to look for disconnect and expired
events. if a client is in the disconnected state, it cannot reliably
know if the session is still active, so it should consider the lock in
limbo until it gets either the reconnect event or the expired event.

ben