zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Thompson <br...@systap.com>
Subject Guaranteed message delivery until session timeout?
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 22:36:14 GMT
Hello,

I am wondering what guarantees (if any) zookeeper provides for reliable messaging for operation
return codes up to a session timeout.  Basically, I would like to know whether a zookeeper
client can rely on observing the return code for a successful operation which creates an ephemeral
(or ephemeral sequential) znode -or- have a guarantee that its session was timed out and the
ephemeral znode destroyed.  That is, does zookeeper provide guaranteed delivery of the operation
return code unless the session is invalidated by a timeout?

Thanks,
Bryan