zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Completions in C API
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 20:33:36 GMT
the call is executed at a later time on a different thread. the zoo_a*
calls are non-blocking, so (subject to the thread scheduling) usually
they will return before the request completes.

ben

On 06/03/2010 01:24 PM, Jack Orenstein wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out how to use zookeeper's C API. In particular, what can I assume
about the execution of the completions passed to zoo_aget and zoo_aset? The documentation
for zoo_aset says the completion is "the routine to invoke when the request completes." Does
this mean that the completion is called some arbitrary time after the request completes, on
a different thread? Or is it guaranteed to be executed on the same thread as the thread initiating
the zoo_aset call, and complete before zoo_aset returns?  Or something else?