zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jack Orenstein <j...@akiban.com>
Subject Completions in C API
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 20:24:18 GMT
I'm trying to figure out how to use zookeeper's C API. In particular, what can I assume about
the execution of the completions passed to zoo_aget and zoo_aset? The documentation for zoo_aset
says the completion is "the routine to invoke when the request completes." Does this mean
that the completion is called some arbitrary time after the request completes, on a different
thread? Or is it guaranteed to be executed on the same thread as the thread initiating the
zoo_aset call, and complete before zoo_aset returns?  Or something else?

In general, the 3.2.2 docs seem to be pretty thin on the C API. Pointers to other relevant
material would be appreciated.

Jack