zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Concurrent reads and writes on BookKeeper
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 22:24:54 GMT

On 05/20/2010 08:42 AM, Flavio Junqueira wrote:
> We have such a mechanism already, as Utkarsh mentions in the jira. The
> question is if we need more sophisticated mechanisms implemented, or if
> we should leave to the application to implement it. For now, we haven't
> felt the need for such extra mechanisms implemented along with BK, but
> I'd certainly be happy to hear a different perspective.

Ok, was just saying that we shouldn't be too strict about it (impls
available "out of the box"). Otw we run into situations similar to zk
recipes where multiple users were re-implementing common patterns.

> Having said that, we have interesting projects to get folks involved
> with BK, but I don't have it clear that this is one of them.

It would be great if you could enter JIRAs on this (projects), perhaps
also a wiki 'interesting projects around bk (or hedwig, etc...)' page
that catalogs those JIRAs.

Thanks!

Patrick