zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Avinash Lakshman <avinash.laksh...@gmail.com>
Subject Zookeeper client
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 17:56:13 GMT
Let's assume I have 100 clients connecting to a cluster of 5 Zookeeper
servers over time. On the client side I instantiate a ZooKeeper instance and
use it whenever I need to read/write into ZK. Now I know I can pass in a
connect string with the list of all servers that make up the ZK cluster.
Does the ZK client automatically maintain liveness information and load
balance my connections across the machines? How can I do this effectively? I
basically want to spread the connections from the 100 clients to the 5 ZK
instances effectively.

Thanks
Avinash