zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "zd.wbh"<zd....@163.com>
Subject How to ensure trasaction create-and-update
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 01:54:30 GMT
hiļ¼Œall

    we'd like to store some metadata in zookeeper in our upcoming project, here is a special
but common case: we need to create a new znode, in the mean while, update another znode data.
These manipulation(a create and a update) need to be done as atom. We don't want to see a
successful creation and a failure updating. Is there a convenient way to ensure this operation?
Can you give me some tips?

    I've looked into the src code, there is a tedious way to do. Extend zookeeper instruction,
struct a "createAndUpdate" interface and a txn request, let DataTree to ensure the integrity.
Will this do and the only way?

    Thanks a lot for all your attention.

2010-03-30

Will