zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: is there a good pattern for leases ?
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 20:15:42 GMT
Not sure if there is a jira on this but I have long been lobbying the
team to add a new API/feature that allows clients to get a view of the
"global clock". I think this would be a very useful (although admittedly
potentially damaging) feature to add, esp around leases. If we think
leases are something that we want to provide in future we may want to
think about how we could more easily support this type of recipe.

Patrick