zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using ZooKeeper for Configuration Managment
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:35:59 GMT
Config management and group membership are two of the simplest use cases
for ZK, we don't have a "recipe" here as it's pretty basic (not that we
couldn't/shouldn't)

The java example in our docs is pretty close, it sets a watch on a node
and monitors for changes. This is the typical pattern for CM.
http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/javaExample.html

Also:
Tom White's excellent book on Hadoop does a great job covering ZooKeeper
in chapter 13, it's available on safaribooks or for purchase if that
works for you:
http://www.hadoopbook.com/
http://github.com/tomwhite/hadoop-book/tree/master/src/main/ch13/java/

Patrick