zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ZK on EC2
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:29:41 GMT
Ok, good. Based on the comparison of perf numbers, and Ted's experience
with large instances on ec2 running zk, this makes sense to me. A large
is about half (very roughly) the horsepower of what I was using for my
tests. Ted mentioned that he hasn't seen issues on ec2 running with
large instances and that correlates to these numbers (again, this is all
rough back of the envelope type stuff but good enough imo).

Anyone have a small that they could run the same cpu/disk/network tests?
  I'd be interested to see how that stacks up.

Ted, could you provide your configuration information for the cluster
(incl the client timeout you use), if you're willing I'd be happy to put
this up on the wiki for others interested in running in EC2.

Thanks!

Patrick