zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cluster Configuration Issues
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 15:57:49 GMT
Usually this indicates that either a firewall is blocking one or more of
the ports, or the server isn't started on all the hosts. First verify
connectivity, I usually use telnet, see detail here:

https://help.maximumasp.com/KB/a445/connectivity-testing-with-ping-telnet-tracert-and-pathping-.aspx

Patrick

Mark Vigeant wrote:
> Ok, so now the clientPort is all set, but I'm running into another problem.
>
> When I try to start up zookeeper server, the error I'm getting now is that it can't open
the channel to the other machine:

> 2009-10-223 10:39:11,941 - WARN [QuorumPeer:/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:2181:QuorumCnxManager@336]
- Cannot open channel to 2 at
> election address leela/10.7.21.216:3888
>
> I've checked to see if ports 2888 or 3888 are in use on either machine and they are not.
Also, there is an open ssh between the 2
> of them. I've tried on a few other ports as well and it's giving me the same issue. Do
I need to tamper with port permissions?

>>> dataDir=home/mark/zookeeper
>>> clientPort=2181
>>> initLimit=5