zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cluster Configuration Issues
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 20:29:19 GMT
I would suggest that you create a jira with the config files and your
data directories attached as a compressed archive. We can take a look
and pinpoint the issue. Also detail the release and command line you are
using to start the cluster.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER

Patrick

Mark Vigeant wrote:
> So I'm trying to get zookeeper to run again, but even though I created a file entitled
"myid" and saved in the specified DataDir, the error I get when trying to run it is

> 2009-10-22 15:58:31, 830 FATAL [main:QuorumPeerMain@82] - Invalid config, exiting abnormally
> <then it lists the methods/classes affected>
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: home/hadoop/zookeeper/myid file is missing
>
> The file contains the number 1 and nothing else. My other node has the number 2 (I only
have 2 machines right now, I know it makes more sense to run an odd number of zookeeper nodes
but I just want to make sure it works first). Any suggestions?

> -Mark

send out the errors I'm getting and such in a day or so (hopefully!)

> thanks again!
>
> -Mark

in replicated mode (I could have hbase run the quorum for me, but it's suggested that I don't).

>> I have an issue though.  For some reason the id I'm assigning each server in the
file "myid" in the assigned data directory is not getting read. I feel like another id is
being created and put somewhere else. Does anyone have any tips on starting a zookeeper quorum?
Do I create the myid file myself or do I edit one once it is created by zookeeper?

>> This is what my  config looks like:
>> ticktime=2000
>> dataDir=/home/hadoop/zookeeper
>> clientPort=2181
>> initLimit=5
>> syncLimit=2
>> server.1=hadoop1:2888:3888
>>
>> The name of my machine is hadoop1, with user name hadoop. In /home/hadoop/zookeeper
I've created a myid file with the number 1 in it.