zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Mahadev Konar <maha...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Semantics of ConnectionLoss exception
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 02:05:29 GMT
Hi Nitay,

> - Does this event happening mean my ephemeral nodes will go away?
No. the client will try connecting to other servers and if its not able to
reconnect to the servers within the remaining session timeout.

If the client is not able to connect within the remaining session timeout,
the session will expire and you will get a session expired event.

http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/r3.0.1/zookeeperProgrammers.html
Has this information scattered around, but we should put it in the FAQ
specifically.

- Is the ZooKeeper handle I'm using dead after this event?
Again no. your handle is valid until you get an session expiry event or you
do a zoo_close on your handle.

Thanks
mahadev