zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Mahadev Konar <maha...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Any practical limits to the number of znodes?
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 07:37:48 GMT
Hi Jon,
  We do not have any limit on the number of znodes in Zookeeper. Its mainly
limited by memory, since it keeps the whole namespace in memory.

Also the lock mechanism is a good use case for zookeeper.
It is listed as one of the recipes for zookeeper.

http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/r3.0.1/recipes.html#sc_recipes_Locks

mahadev