yetus-dev mailing list archives

From "Clay B." <...@clayb.net>
Subject [Discuss] Documentation Internal References?
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2019 05:23:47 GMT
I have expanded the docs for those who come after me searching to
manipulate their docker arguments and put some ideas in
YETUS-921 but was wondering on how docs should be handled:

1. I highlight the add_docker_build_arg and add_docker_env functions
linking to the auto-generated shelldocs. Is there a way in the docs build
to point from the markdown to the shelldocs in a stable way other than
assuming the documentation layout (e.g.
../precommit-apidocs/core/#<function>)?

2. I see on Yetus.Apache.ORG index.html is the DirectoryIndex, but of
course when browsing the docs locally, one must add index.html to URLs
(or use a webserver like the main docs site to redirect to it e.g. for
precommit-apidocs/core/#add_docker_build_arg vs
precommit-apidocs/core/index.html#add_docker_build_arg); which is
preferred in the markdown?

3. As I was originally confused on how I would use a
<personality>_docker_support function in my personality file and finding a
few different nuggets, I added hyperlinks between
precommit-advanced.html.md and precommit-buildtools.html.md. Both talk
about the same extension points. Is there an idea to canonicalize the docs
between precommit-buildtools and precommit-advanced or can cross-linking
be a reasonable shim to ensure a newbie gets a complete picture?

-Clay